18 July 2008

Out of Town

It's been too long... I'm on the road in Denver until August 1st, so the blogs will be taking an extended All-Star Break. I'm hoping to pick up some great Rockies cards while I'm here and, if so, I'll share those when I get back home to Florida.

You might have seen a post I made on Tulo Trader earlier this month about a great trader that contacted me. Well, he needs some help in both getting rid of some of his cards as well as adding to his collection. Eric was so kind to me and I'm going to help him out and post a pseudo-classified add for him.

Listen... he's got some great stuff. I was blown away with what he sent me; quality and rarity guaranteed. So, if you want to make some trades, hit him up. Here's a blurb on Eric's behalf:

"I recently got back into the hobby and went on a mass buying spree, trying to bolster a relatively anemic Yankees collection. Consequently, I am also getting ready to move to a new place and the less I have to bring with me, the better. That being said, I'm looking for other team collectors who want to do some trading. I'm getting rid of pretty much everything non-Yankee (save for the industry standards: Pujols, Griffey, Mauer) and would gladly trade a lot of 50-100 cards for a handful of guys I collect. I don't worry about getting strict Beckett value, I trust the fairness of other readers. In fact, I would rather somebody receive their cards from me first and send me what they think is an appropriate trade. If you want to send me a couple of nicer Jeter/Clemens cards, great. If you want to send me a boatload of Pettitte and Posada, equally great. Here's who I try to focus on (but am not limited to):

Derek Jeter
Andy Pettitte
Roger Clemens
Jorge Posada
Mariano Rivera
Joba Chamberlain
Alex Rodriguez
Don Mattingly
Phil Hughes
Ian Kennedy
Paul O'Neill
Bernie Williams

I don't need anything from the 80s - about 94. After that my collection really fell off. That being said, I will probably be mailing out a pair of shipments: the first would come from my place up here, which is 99.9% from the past couple of years. Back home I have a ton of cards from the previously mentioned time period, that I would rather see a team collector enjoy, and those would be mailed out in a seperate (much larger) shipment. If you're interested in acquiring a large amount of your team's cards, please contact me at epslette AT hotmail DOT com - no spam please.

Looking forward to hooking some collectors up and getting some nice Yankee stuff in the process!"

No comments: