09 July 2008

Operation '98 Metal Universe (Box 1/Pack 3)

I can't believe it's taken me so long to get back to this. Here's pack #3 of my first box of '98 Fleer Metal Universe:


41 Scott Hatteberg with the bling of the Massachusetts Capitol Building shining in the background

185 Sean Estes... a Lefty Pitcher on the Left Coast

170 Mike Mussina in one of my favorite cards. "Moose" has the USS Constellation and Baltimore's Inner Harbor to his back

180 B.J. Surhoff... no, this Oriole isn't pictured in the Inner Harbor, but what appears to be a seaport. Good work, Fleer.


83 Hideo Nomo in Bat Country



70 Mark Grudzielanek fielding GBs near what must be the Laurentian Mountains

40 Will Clark's got it

201 Steve Woodard, like many others in this set, is out of this world

I hope I'm not wasting your time with dragging this box out. It's hard to see the scans due to the metallic backgrounds, so if you want me to focus on something else, shoot me an email. Don't worry, I take criticism well.

That's it for today.

- J.C.F.

No comments: