02 September 2008

Set Building: 2008 UD Goudey

While looking through the latest packs and blasters of cards I've bought, I have realized that I'm almost pot-committed to completing the 2008 Upper Deck Goudey set, which I hope to do within the next couple of weeks. This is where I currently stand:

Base Set: 85/200

Baseball Greats Subset (SP's): 4/30 (Carlton Fisk, Wade Boggs, Tony Gwynn, Ozzie Smith)

United States Presidents Subset: 2/20 (Martin Van Buren, Andrew Jackson)

1936 Goudey Subset: 1/20 (David Ortiz)

Sports Royalty Subset: 5/60 (Bruce Jenner, Cael Sanderson, Julie Foudy, Kerri Walsh, Sidney Crosby)

Overall Set Completion: 97/330 = 29.39%

I would say that these stats are out of two retail blasters, four hobby packs and five retail packs. I also have quite a few duplicates, mainly of Carlos Pena, Joe Morgan, Chin-Lung Hu and a few others including doubles of the David Ortiz '36. Luckily in this last blaster, I pulled Tulo's base card which I will feature on Tulo Trader at some point. I might go ahead and pick up a hobby box in the near future, seeing as I've pulled many of the same players from the retail blasters. I'm also way behind on the subsets so I'm hoping that can fill in some gaps.

Now that I am officially putting this set together, I figure I might go ahead and let you all know what I need. If you too are building this set, shoot me an email with what you need and I'll send over any dupes that I might have.

I thank you all in advance for any help you might be of, and as always, let me know how I can help your collection! That's all for today.

Boom... outta here.

- J.C.F.

1 comment:

Nachos Grande said...

Hi,
I'm working on this set as well. I've got most of the base cards (and a lot of duplicates to trade) as well as some of the short prints to trade. I just bought a hobby box that I'm opening this weekend, but after that's sorted maybe we could work out a trade.
-Chris http://fanofreds.blogspot.com