11 September 2008

Woowee It's Been a While

Hello fellow bloggers and readers of Waxbreaker,

I'm finally secure with a new condo, the internet(finally), and enough fundage to keep them both in line. Its good to finally be back to see that Waxbreaker is still up and running.

On my hiatus I was still able to keep up with all things card collecting via 1-2 hour long conversations with my buddy J.C.F. I saw the rise and somewhat fall of the retro sets and the slow completion of this years baseballs sets. I'm guessing that all baseball has left this year is Topps sterling which always pumps out some sweet cards. Too bad you have to make more money than I do to buy a pack but at least I can drool over someone opening a pack online. On the other hand football is in full swing and with the unlimited amount of sets they can throw at us I should be busy for a while.

While I was away I was able to get my hands on a box of A&G and a few packs of Goudy. I must say I still love A&G. I was lucky enough to pull 3 jerseys and a bat out of my box even though I was really looking forward to pulling that Abe Lincoln pubic hair.... As far as Goudey is concerned I could give a damn what Ken Griffey Jr or Derek Jeter have to say. What a waste of card space...OY. I was impressed with series 2 Topps and their silk collection cards. To finish baseball off I picked up some of the Topps and bowman chrome. Nothing too impressive out of the packs but I really enjoy that everything gets mixed together and chromed.

Football is a different story completely. So far I have grabbed a pack of stadium club that yielded a Johnathan Stewart jersey, a couple packs of Topps, and I did my entire fantasy draft based on a box of upper deck 08. Strangely enough I'm first place in my league after week one. I felt like a moron having to take Reggie Wayne as my first rounder but hey at least i didn't pull a Tom Brady card (suckers).

Simple layout for my draft:
-First pack first card= 1st round pick
-Second pack second card= 2nd round pick.. so on and so forth
-If that player is taken go to the next card
-If you have no more spots available for that position go to next card
It is a lot of fun and somehow it is paying off. The truth is I just wanted an excuse to buy cards haha.

I really look forward to catching up on every bodies blogs in the next few days. I am also going to have a talk with J.C.F. about some contest ideas and upcoming box/pack breaks.

Thank you all for reading the blog it means a lot to see you all return day after day even if there isn't any new content.

-Spud

No comments: